MSc Costume Design and Fashion is a 2 (two) year program which explore All the elements of Fashion & Design which will mold a students to take up senior Management role in the industry. Fashion Design is a art of application of design, aesthetics and natural beauty to clothes.
Fashion Design is influenced by cultural and social latitudes and has varied over time and place. MSc in Costume Design and Fashion will give an insight to understand the nuances of fashion Industry. In-depth study of various subjects makes sure that the student is ready to take up challenging roles once they are in the industry.
To complement the creative skills that students are expected to develop, business classes are also a part of the fashion design's curriculum. Courses on Merchandising, marketing, and other business issues are also included. Academic exposure along with industry exposure is what makes this course stand out.The Masters in Fashion Design is designed to provide the knowledge, competencies and technical skills necessary to operate in a challenging and changing global environment. The subjects of the program have a strategic focus that tackle practical issues and concepts and develop the skills required by a modern designer.
Course Duration: Two Years
BSc Costume Design and Fashion
• Paper I - Costumes and Textiles of the World
• Paper II - Indian Textile Industry
• Paper III - Research Methodology and Statistics
• Paper IV - Fashion Merchandising
• Paper V - International Trade and Documentation
• Practical I - Ornaments and Accessories
• Practical II - Draping for Fashion Design
• Paper VI - CAD in fashion Designing
• Paper VII - Technical Textiles
• Paper VIII - Apparel Quality Standard and Implementation
• Paper IX - Textile Testing 3 100 Practical III - Textile I Testing
• Practical IV - Designs with Prints
• Practical V - Advanced Garment Construction
• Project 3
Students passing out of MSc in Costume Design and Fashion can get placed with diverse segments in the Fashion industry which are: